Monday, September 20, 2010

Questions

Another song written recently, called "questions". Composition is ongoing, and its a solo!
hope you like it; enjoy!



QUESTIONS

A thought was screaming in my mind,
And I needed to set it free.
Of fear, that it would drive me blindly,
Into a state of insanity.
"Is my past a dream? Is my future a legacy; foretold?
Is death growing young? Or is life just becoming old?"

The person, I once thought of myself,
Is hiding behind a mask.
My brain keeps questioning everything,
My heart hesitates to ask,
"Are my thoughts real? Or are they grafted on my soul?
Who holds the reins of my brains? Or am I still in control?"

Tell me, please. Someone tell me why;
Everything I've learnt so far seems like a lie.
Tell me, please. Someone tell me, how,
Am I supposed to look at my lessons now..?

Why is the known so accepted,
And the unknown considered frightening?
Why does life seem so small?
Is it 'coz, time flies like lightning?
Why does one become an outcast,
For believing in things differently?
And when will I rest my head in peace?
Having paid my debts in misery.

Tell me, please. Someone tell me why;
Everything I've learnt so far seems like a lie.
Tell me, please. Someone tell me, how,
Am I supposed to look at my lessons now..?

5 comments:

  1. "Is death growing young? Or is life just becoming old?" - <3333!

    And you're making me feel crazy old right now.

    ~Bidisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice..questions are in order right about now..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kind of a reflection of my life, right now... nice piece. Want to see the finished product!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sit dwn patiently,have a nice,big ice-cream(go 4 Fro-Yo if u r a diet freak lyk me!),& thnk....
    Life in itself is an illusion,ppl run aftr thngs widout evn knowing fully abt them........so wats the prob if my knowledge seems 2 b a lie?????????Evrythng around us is a lie only!!!!!!!!!
    (Very bad advice,also smwhat philosophical,bt smtyms it helps) ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Liked it? Hated it? Just let me know. If you don't have an account, use Name/URL option :)