Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Final Ignition

This was supposed to be the last poem i ever wrote.
It was written in a state of complete disarray and de-motivation.
I was depressed, stagnated, feeling redundant; and was filled with a sea of negative vibes.
But now, that I'm better, I look at this piece, and I silently thank everyone who helped me get through this bad phase in life.
And all I can say, is that I consider this the most beautifully sad piece i have ever written.




FINAL IGNITION (FINAL BOW)



I lie. And I can't move, it seems.

My hope, my faith; all in reams.

Seem to tear apart and ignite,

As darkness appears to have conquered light.

The blood on the floor flows slowly on.

Through thoughts recalled, and memories gone.

Of a wonderful life, that's come to peace,

Of a thousand chances i could not seize.

Like, a love in tatters, gone through hell.

And stories more, I wish to tell.

About a little child, with misty eyes,

Alone, aloof , and scared, he cries.

For he has lost all that he longed.

And when he found, where he belonged,

That magical land returnd to sand;

It vanished from his very hand.

Now, the child lies low on the ground,

His cruel world keeps turning round.

But soon he will, forever sleep,

His desire's alive, but the road's too steep...

The lights in the vicinity,

Never before, looked so pretty.

As now they come to fade away.

As my final bow, is here, today...


4 comments:

  1. cool man! hope whatever u went thru is better now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!!!!!!!!!! :-D
    Bt I dnt lyk blood............

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it interesting enough that the very life which we keep cursing many a times (the events, people, or situations) in the end become chapters of our very life's book....??? and these disturbed and often despaired moments lead us to write such deep, beautiful poems or stories which we could never have imagined to write:)

    ReplyDelete

Liked it? Hated it? Just let me know. If you don't have an account, use Name/URL option :)