Sunday, August 15, 2010

Teenage ftw!!!

This is a poem i wrote in ninth grade.
It is a bit amateurish, but its one that I am rather amused by, check it out...
It's called, "teenage", hope you like it:

I'm on a peer service commitment,
Stumbling over life's test.
And I am busy shouting out,
Desperate slogans of protest.

'Coz they're impairing my mobility,
And activity in communities.
Yet, I can't quite make out,
What they really think of me.

Strangling me out of fun,
And maybe "chaos and destruction"!
But, then they keep my philosophies,
Under constant supervision.

So, I'm slipping in white lies;
For the sake of occasional freedom.
And am thinking of better excuses,
Through the gift of teenage wisdom!

But, then, "Welcome to Homework"!
"The brain; it better not stray!"
I'm convinced it's books; not girls,
That's eating my heart and soul away!

Liberty's just the "freedom to obey";
My tale's a modern tragedy.
Because i spent my teenage times,
Being a victim of Authority!

4 comments:

  1. well well..I really don't think it's amateurish, like u said. pretty well written, I like the second last para..so cute and innocent;)

    nice one!! happy writing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm, its interesting. smthing most ppl can relate to.

    ReplyDelete

Liked it? Hated it? Just let me know. If you don't have an account, use Name/URL option :)