Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Lost Samaritan



The last song that i wrote, and composed for my brother's band. Here t goes:

"The Lost Samaritan"


I'v walked on a deserted street;
was the source of a dead heart-beat.
an aimless vagabond, marching on,
with tired and leaden feet.

I had got nothing to speak or rave about;
had no slogans to scream or shout.
no faith, or morals to believe in; but was,
a lobotomized devout.

CHORUS:
Through the dirty sand;
sprinkled on my eyes.
I could see a cynical sun;
Burning into ice.

I walked a dampened beat;
De-motivated by lies.
I was a lost pedestrian;
Walking to my demise.
. . .

My charlatanism; was burnt and torn.
My mind survived; 'coz its carved in stone.
Misled, misplaced, and then, disgraced;
my life was agony prone.

I read signs on the road, leading nowhere.
And I kept walking on with perpetual despair.
And deep inside; i knew, that if I die.
no one would even care.

(CHORUS)
. . .

BREAK:
Though I
 couldn't feel anything any more,
And I had never been worse in my life.
My fingers, broken; and my head was sore,
 I knew I had to make things all-right.

And so I walked straight into the light;
The light that had once made me blind;
With open arms and a smile on my face,
As pain, purged and cleansed my mind.

So,
 Through the dirty sand;
sprinkled on my eyes.
I had seen a cynical sun;
That's burnt into ice.

I used to walk a dampened beat;
De-motivated by my inhibitions.
I was a lost Samaritan;
Who walked into liberation...

1 comment:

Liked it? Hated it? Just let me know. If you don't have an account, use Name/URL option :)