Sunday, August 15, 2010

A boring life...

Life, as a whole, can be considered as a string of circumstances, starting from the birth of an individual, going on till their death; which pertains or relates to that individual and their communication group in a special way, depending on the perspective they have developed by passing and learning, through this greatly significant, yet common phenomenon we call 'living'.


Aw, come on! Who are we kidding? Life can never be defined in words no matter how hard we try. Its too big to be measured down and reproduced in letters! Yes, life can indeed be deciphered, analysed and most commonly, life can forever be described. And, nowadays, life is most commonly described as "boring". And that throws about a plethora of questions, really. As my father likes to say, "situation are never boring; its you, who is unaware"; and that is what I'm going to talk about right now.


A boring life; does such a thing exist? Of course not! No adult can complain he/she had an entire life without any real risks or rushes. Yet, many people claim they do. That probably is, because of a change of perception. Really, when we were kids, circumstances like, fighting with a sibling for the last cookie or who sits where in the first day of class, used to throw about a tizzy of emotions and reactions. They would seem pretty little decisions right now, but at that point; at that very moment, the pressure, and the weight of the whole situation was huge. I can tell from my own recollection that, I was furious when i didn't get my seat beside the girl I had a crush on, in the third grade! I even fought my best friend for a seat behind her desk! That was then one of the biggest day of my life (I had even proudly proclaimed to my sister that I, "had fought even a friend, in the name of love") but now, if i look back upon them with maturity, a little voice in my head says, "eh! it was nothing big...".


This happens all the time; we grow wiser and more mature as every second, every minute, each hour, day, week, month and year passes by. And then, we look back upon them, as if they were nothing. Yet, we fail to realize, that they were something big. Moments that have passed give us life experiences and help us learn things we never though we would've. And after we have passed any test in life, any little ordeal in our way (even as little as tasting the chicken MC nuggets the day and moment they were released in the MS outlet) we learn something (i started hating MC Donald's after that. The barbecue dip tasted like shoe-polish) and its our decision whether we realize it or not.


So, in the end, I'd like to say, that no-one can ever have a slow, or uninteresting, or boring string-of-related-circumstances (a.k.a "life"). Yet, if someone says they do, they either have something big to hide about their past; or, they are ignorant of their on meaning of being and existence. Same for circumstances.
After all, like an old man once said, "everything life is too short to be grasped or paused, but too long to be missed".

4 comments:

Liked it? Hated it? Just let me know. If you don't have an account, use Name/URL option :)