Monday, March 7, 2011

Elizabeth

Are you looking at it too?
At the cloudy night sky.
There is a hole in the veil,
Where a thousand stars shine.
I'll sit down alone,
I'll be counting each star, just for you....

And the city's been covered,
With a light-hearted fog.
I'll smile, thinking back,
To your giggle and dialogue.
I'll sit and remember,
How I'd given up my all, just for you....

'Coz,
Eliza, Eliza, I miss you tonight,
You may feel the same,
But I don't think it's right.

Eliza, Eliza, I'll sing you this tune.
Hoping, you'll feel alive,
With the love, that I have for you.
. . .

I'll go down to the park,
Where we'd meet in spare time.
Walk in the wild garden,
Where our dreams lay entwined.
I'll sit b'neath a tree,
And I'll feed all the birds, just for you...

I'll go up to the rooftop,
On a day when it rains.
While the city runs for cover,
I'll get drenched again.
Relive all our moments,
In hope that the memories wash through.
Just for you...

'Coz,
Eliza, Eliza, I miss you today,
You've been gone forever,
But I still feel the same.

Eliza, Eliza, I'll sing you this tune.
Hoping, you'll feel alive,
With the love, that I have for you.
. . .

On the day when I cried,
You'd worn your best dress.
A part of me died,
When I laid you to rest.

I breathe for your touch,
Hoping we meet again.
So, I can keep my promise,
And erase all this pain.

Eliza, Eliza, I'll make you my bride.
Even though now you've taken,
Your last mortal ride.

I'll wait till forever,
And even beyond.
Cause we're in this together,
And true love's never wrong.
. . .

Eliza, Eliza, I miss you its true,
I don't see you, but I feel,
That you do, miss me too.

Eliza, Eliza, I'll sing you this tune.
Hoping, you'll come alive,
With the love, that I have for you.
. . .

9 comments:

  1. Not bad..and the greenday influence is evident..

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool bro.. really touched a sweet spot.. keep it up!
    cheers from bosnia!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwhhhh... its really, really nyc... one of ur best songs ever... loved it, sammie... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work man! This should make an awesome song! =) Keep up the good work!

    sincerely,
    Padfoot, a Red Devil from Malaysia! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice broda
    sincerly,
    common sense (if u noe wat i mean) :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is soooooooo beautiful!! lovely Sam:) very touching. It reminds me of 'A walk to remember' movie:)loved these lines:
    I'll go up to the rooftop,
    On a day when it rains.
    While the city runs for cover,
    I'll get drenched again.
    Relive all our moments,
    In hope that the memories wash through.
    Just for you...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. d poem was superb,,,,,,,,,,;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I wonder who this Eliza is..

    ReplyDelete

Liked it? Hated it? Just let me know. If you don't have an account, use Name/URL option :)